Latest training info
At Happy Home we are now offering a range of training courses which will enable you to further your skills and knowledge
in the childcare sector. These courses will all be held in our Victoria offices making them easily accessible:
Location: Terminal House, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, Victoria, SW1W 0AU
6 Hour Paediatric First Aid Course
Booking link: http://6hourfirstaid.eventbrite.co.uk/
The course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by nannies, childminders, Nanny/Housekeepers and people who work with young children. This course meets the First Aid requirements of OFSTED for the voluntary register .
Who should attend?
Nannies, Nanny/Housekeepers, Mother’s Helps, Maternity Nurses.
What you will learn?
The course covers how to deal with accidents and emergencies involving young children.
- Role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
- Action planning in an emergency
- Primary and secondary assessments
- Recovery position
- Infant, child and adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Infant, child and adult action for choking
- Head injuries
- Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
- Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
- Childhood conditions
- Asthma, diabetes and seizures
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
Course duration 6 hours
Certification Certificate of Attendance valid for 3 years
To book call 0203 551 9373 or 07788256346
OCN Common Core Skills Course (1 day attendance course)
Booking link: http://commoncoreskills.eventbrite.co.uk/
Accreditation: This course is accredited by the OCN OTC at level 3 and carries 3 credits.
The Common Core Of Skills and Knowledge for Ofsted registration is a set of principles and values. It sets out the basic skills and knowledge that are needed by people whose work brings them into regular contact with children, young people and families. This includes, nannies, Au Pairs, Maternity nurses and teachers.
To register on the voluntary part of the OFSTED Childcare Register, child - carers must have had training in the Common core of skills and knowledge.
The Common Core Skills and Knowledge Development Programme is based on the Children’s Workforce Development Council’s philosophy. The skills and knowledge are described under six main headings:
- Effective communication and engagement with children, young people and families;
- Child and young person development;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child;
- Supporting transitions;
- Multi-agency working;
- Sharing information.
Healthy Eating for Children
Booking link: http://childreneating.eventbrite.co.uk/
The course will cover:
- The problems with young children's diets today
- Nutrition guidelines for the under-fives
- Practice at planning a healthy menu for a young child
- Understanding what's on the food label & how to make healthy choices
- Why children can be fussy with food, and what you can do to manage it
There will be lots of opportunity to ask questions, as well as time to reflect on your own practice with the children you care for.
In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled by us, we will look into transferring you to an alternative date. If there is no suitable date we will refund any monies paid to us. We are not liable for any other losses or expenses incurred. In the event of cancellation by you the full course fee is payable. Where there is less than 4 weeks, but more than 2 weeks prior notice, 50% of the fee will be payable/refundable. Where there is less than 2 weeks' notice 100% of the fee is payable and non refundable.
If you have any further questions please give Happy Home a call and we will be pleased to help, we can also book you onto the courses directly over the phone.